Getting Treasure From the Deaf

11:01 AM

get from google. Well, it's calming.
salam alayk

I don't know whether I had lose my mind of taking a stroll to Seremban Lake Garden during afternoon at 12.40 pm. Yeah, I walked under the hot sun shielded with KMS umbrella. What can I say, it was an amazing so-called-journey to the garden. I had several plans that day and I decided to cut the cost. I arrived at Masjid Negeri around 1.00 pm and decided to pray Zuhur there. Alhamdulillah, I felt the serenity inside the always-cold mosque besides, prayed together with the jemaah there. Ah, there was an aunt who I will not forget her kindness. It was really hot and I'm so exhausted while walking. I decided to buy papaya fruit which was sold by another aunt in the mosque's yard.

"Adik, ada duit seringgit tak? Syiling pun tak apa, makcik terima," the seller aunt said to me after I hand in the RM10 note.

"Tak ada, makcik." I argued.

"Adik, pergi tukar duit pecah dekat pak Arab yang jual kurma kat sebelah sana," she suggested another solution.

I'm so upset. When I decided to cancel the purchase, another aunt from nowhere spoke to the seller.

"Akak, tak apalah. Saya bayarkan. ni seringgitnya," she said.

Well, I can't help myself but to smile widely to her and thanked her. Alhamdulillah.

After praying Zuhur, I walked down to the lake and waited for my younger sister going out. She was having school that Saturday and I decided to go back home with her. yeah, I made a surprise for her and she's so shocked. Then, we walked together to Terminal 1 and planned to wait for Atih who was just arrived from JB. Of course, we talked and chatted along the way. And then she said to me.

"Kak, ada kawan aku cakap yang Wardina tu kan? Kat Twitter dia ada post. Dia tulis, Islam itu produk yang sangat bagus dan berkualiti tapi salesman kurang. Tapi kalau Kristian, produk tak bagus tapi salesman dia mantap."

"Hah la, betul-betul," I replied. And then, we talked about Wardina, about her change from being free-haired to wearing hijab, until now. Alhamdulillah. We do believed that Wardina is going to be istiqamah in what she's doing and she's totally has a very good husband to rely on.

As usual, girls do talk much. And then, I told her that I'm cutting weight right now, since I didn't take rice for meal for about a week until now. From weight issue, we switched to her school topic. King George V school is a very excellent school in Negeri Sembilan and be the best choice for primary students to study for after SBP and MRSM. But, the problem is, from my based experience, it is a social school. or to be exact, 'pergaulan bebas'. can I say that?

She told me about her classmates, both boy and girl are having platonic friendship. It is a friendship that so close, but they won't announce that they're coupled. Well, my sister even debated with that girl.

In the end, the girl said that,

"Aku tak kapel. Tak salah kan?"

"Kenapa kau tak cakap betul je? kenapa cakap 'tak salah'? " my sister replied.

The rest is history. Yeah, she's right. Kenapa cakap 'kawan lelaki perempuan tak salah'? Instead of saying 'kawan lelaki perempuan betul'? Well, that's the community here, when Islam is like a stranger for them. Prophet Muhammad SAW once said,

“Islam dimulai dalam keadaan asing dan akan kembali asing sebagaimana awalnya, maka thuuba (beruntunglah) orang-orang yang asing.” (HR Muslim).

Of course, he's ultimately right. That's the reality that we must overcome, ummah.

When we arrived at Terminal 1, I said to myself, okay, I'm gonna see some KMS student here. It's the reality that I must accept. After searched for Atih and we found nothing, but failure. Okay, maybe she's at Terminal 2. Since both of us didn't having lunch yet, we ahead to McDonald after buying CoolBlog.

While eating and waiting for Atih, Ani surfed the internet while I just continued eating. And then.......

A deaf person came to our table, to be exact, a deaf Chinese person. He spoke no words but handed in a laminated square card to us. what I remember.

"...Kami orang pekak ada menjual barang kraftangan hasil tangan kami. Satu RM6, dua RM10......"

While we were reading the excerpt, he took out several handmade handphone chain. Knowing that I would regret if I didn't buy any from him, I chose the one that I pleased. Although, it was quite costly, it was not big problem. Well, the chain is so sweet. And then he said thank you, in sign language. It was so touched when he said that thank you. It was like he really mean it Subhanallah.

Atih came, after we waited for her about 20 minutes in McD. She told her story, about she can't find any shuttle bus from terminal 2 to terminal 1 and can't afford of having a taxi. So, she walked. Walked! Along the Chinese graveyard. And then, there were couple of mat motor harassed her and she's so upset. I can't blame anyone else, so I spoke nothing to her.

Minutes later, we're ahead to bus station to catch a bus to Rasah Jaya and I coincidently saw 2 boys and 1 girl (wearing hijab). That boy was carrying a pickaback that girl and holding the girl's waist and they're giggled. Astagfirullah.

That's the end of the story. Alhamdulillah, it was the day full of hikmah that I can gain. Alhamdulillah. Everyday, we, human always had surprises or anything that sometimes is a bad thing or good thing. Because, everything have their own pros and cons except Islam. So, it depends on us, whether to gain the good one or bad one. Each of them could affect your life unexpectedly, whether you realise or not.

Wallahu Ahlam.
p/s: I found this article quite interesting. Check it out. InsyaAllah.

You Might Also Like

2 comments