the young man and the akkas

10:51 PM

salam alaykum.

i'm just finishing doing house chores. and i'm extremely tired. although we have no afternoon class, but i still many things to do. going to fish market, cooking, doing laundry, clean the house. penat! Allah.

it was a hot afternoon. not long after that, the rain poured down. i was surprised to see hujan panas. it was quite rare in india, you know. and i love it. i love rain. so, i decided to go to fish market alone in rain! i wore my rain coat and merempit to udupi like a boss. exactly, this time, i decided to google map the area, but i found nothing. so, just bertawakal jela. kalau ada rezeki sampai, insyaAllah akan sampai.

rain outside.
i know that i need to take left exit along the way manipal-udupi. but i didnt know which one. so, i took one but then, i ended up at the end of the road. beyond it, was a big farm with cows and poltury, blabla. i laughed at myself. i got back to the previous road again and asked an Indian there. poor grandma, she couldnt understand english.

"udupi fish market?" i asked.

"hudhsufdhjfi." she said with a sincere grin on her face.

i was blanked. lost. didnt know what i should do next.

"go straight and turn left." suddenly, a man appeared at the window. a young indian man.

but i cant understand his accent. i put a blank face. then, he took his bike and showed me the right route. alhamdulillah.

"danniya warde~" i said to him. (means: thanks)

he smiled back.

and i was so confident to take the route. i knew i'm in the right track when i saw a slum area (landmark) before reaching the market. on the way there, the view was mesmerizing. typical indian village. udupi kan kampung ja kalau nak compare dengan bangalore. hee..

kampung!
 when i arrived there, the market was quite empty from customers and all akkas want me to be their customer. hehe. so, i just bought some fishes and prawns just for rs230. murah kan? around rm13.

times flew fast, and all i knew that i'm safe back home. alhamdulillah. while getting the things out of my scoot bonnet, i realised one thing! my phone was lost while i'm was putting things inside my bike. my phone dropped and i saw it. but i didnt know that i forgot to take it. sigh.

then, i went back to the market and having a boring journey again. but the real surprise was there. before i reached the market, i just hope that if the phone is still may rezeki, then Allah akan permudahkan. if not, then, it''s ok. it will never be yours again. my mind was full of expectations:

first, i thought that an akka will find the phone and keep it with her.

second, i thought some people will snatch the phone and keep it as theirs.

i was wondering what should i do if both things happened. turned out that both didnt happen. Allah has His better plans for me.

when i arrived there, an akka in purple saree said "phone naa... manipal there" she showed phone sign using her hand.

i thought maybe a malaysian student came and took back.

"malaysian? student? manipal there?" i asked. more akkas came and surrounded me.

"women.. phone.. took manipal.." another akkas said.

then all akkas said the same thing to me. i was lost. i dont know what to do. what to say. and all of them were surrounding me. only few were taking care their stall there. a man came, which i believed, a worker in veg stall, asked me to give my number and he will call that person to come here. what? buat susah je, i spoke to myself.

then, i followed jela. more akkas came and not just akka, but budak kedai sayur la, uncle auto la, and kids too. macam celebrity. the man gave me his phone to talk to the person, but then, she spoke kannada, in which i only know 1% of it, so i said to all akkas,

"she speak kannada. i, kannada nehi," i said to a blue saree akka.

a green saree akka took the phone and talked. so serious that i think they were fighting like whatever. after all the rush, few akka said to me to wait for 5 minutes. she'll be coming. and dont give return charges (auto fees). so, ok, i nodded.

an akka offered me a place in her stall to sit, while waiting for that person to came. i agreed. they also followed me to there. and i kept smiling. seriously, during that time, i didnt even worried about my phone. murah ja pon, rm120. but all i was thinking was that,

"what's the things yang Allah nak offer for me?"

it was fun! you know, in the middle of indians, you interacted with them although we didnt understand each other language. and smiling and comforting each other. i never felt that in malaysia. truly, honestly. moments then, came the person. akkas asked me to sit while they tried to negotiate with the person.

imagine, a lady in 40s surrounded by 20 akkas. like, takutnya. first, it was tense. then, the lady smiled and laughing with akkas and all i knew was that, my phone was on my hand, given by an akka. i was so happy and touched. lol. all akkas were so happy too. they smiled big and laughed at me when i said danniya warde. must be the accent. huhu.

"akka, i want to take pictures." i said to them.

"nehi, nehi." they said. i wondered.

"oh, ok2. thank you." i hugged them. and some of them wanted to handshake with me! hehe.

"bye2. thank you." as i'm getting nearer to my scoot and i bowed to them.

"akka, akka. camera. picture." i showed them. people around me was laughing at me, thinking that it was a joke. and i took the pictures.



alhamdulillah. Allah said in Quran,

And do not walk upon the earth proudly. Indeed, you will never tear the earth [apart], and you will never reach the mountains in height. (17:37)
being in india with so much money in my account, 1 lakh, good food, buying branded things, clothes, shoes. some people will think that they are way up compared to indian in here (read: low cast indians).

however, it is not right. something was way too wrong. this india is Allah's place too. same with malaysia. all the people is Allah's too. and if we are being too proud knowing that oh, we were blessed and yeah, poor them. i knew it is our rezeki that much to say that, but after all, things came from Allah and they will back to Allah soon. they will never be ours forever.

it was through this good indians, i got to fulfill my job. this indians that some people think just a mere indian, selling fish and that's it. but they are also Allah's servant too. and they need to fulfill their purpose of life too. and why am i there? in that situation?

maybe Allah gave me chance to do dakwah on them. my effort, only Allah know. i was wondering if these akkas feel any barrier because i'm muslim? owh, they just saw me as a foreigner. or they just saw me as someone that need their help? only Allah knows. but their warmth and help made me felt grateful to Allah. they are just some strange people, but then, Allah showed me that stranger can become friends in 5 minutes!

alhamdulillah. honestly, i really didnt know how to put my feelings in this post, to let you know bout it. but, i dont know if it's ok. but alhamdulillah, alhamdulillah, being in d&t is making me more grateful to Allah, as i'm seeing this world with new perspective. u should too. :)

wallahu ahlam. may Allah bless.

    

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. kakak you made me laughed a few times. u made me feel the humor and feel that you felt. so good sister. and at last you made me cried. I understand the message you dearly wanted to deliver. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. acik!! alhamdulillah, all words come from Allah. hehe. glad that you love it. your welcome, dear. :)

    ReplyDelete