Ramadhan: Don't take it for granted

3:34 PM

Assalamualaikum Ramadhan Kareem!

Last year, I didn't celebrate Ramadhan in Malaysia as I was in India, studying for final exam. Alhamdulillah, alhamdulillah, this year, I got a chance again to celebrate Ramadhan, in Malaysia, with my family.

But,

"Ku sangka panas hingga ke petang, tapi hujan di tengahari"

hidup tak selalu indah. My parents are selling kuih-muih, lauk-pauk, laksa, mi kari in bazaar ramadhan. Well, at first, it was for fun because my parents are retiree and they want to fulfill their time with something beneficial. So, they opened up gerai everyday selling breakfast and lunch. Now, they are opening bazaar, near our house. I was happy to help at first, but looking at the situation now, I wish they take it slow.

bazaar. full of customers and we can easily get cash everyday. the profit was almost twice compared to non-ramadhan times. but it also takes much of our effort. I was helping my mum preparing dishes and it was hell so tiring. until day 3, I decided to stop and do my own things such as studying, etc.

we are no longer berbuka together and everyone eats what they get for berbuka. my parents always berbuka in bazaar as they can't make it to reach home before berbuka. normally, they reached home around 8pm, after berbuka and packing up. those who are still in home, they need to come to bazaar to get their food, or otherwise, no food at home.

I was ok at first, but seeing yesterday's situation, I somehow felt that this is not the correct way to do it. terawih lambat. mengantuk masa terawih. family time is nowhere to be seen. I'm going back to home this weekend to celebrate berbuka with my family. And my hopes are ruined.

where is the family joy time when we berbuka together in home?
when we go to mosque everyday for terawih?
when we moreh together?
when we go to bazaar-hopping together?

they are all gone. gerai took our family time away. plus, we didn't even get to appreciate ramadhan so closely, because we are now too busy with gerai. there is no chatting time unless during sahur. but normally woth my father, while my mother was busy preparing kuih for gerai.

I know, I should see this from positive side. but this situation is so sick! I wish my parents would realise this. I would love to help them, but not when I started to neglect my study and assignment. plus, it was tiring.

semangat dan jiwa ramadhan. all gone when we started to focus on duniawi and neglect akhirat. It was so sad to see people doesn't appreciate ramadhan. :'(

for me, no. no. i will not neglect ramadhan. it was such a waste to take this month for granted. may Allah give us the strength to do ibadah in this month, insyaAllah. and for my parents, Allah knows what your intention. if lillahitaala, Alhamdulillah. :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments